*****MUST HAVE EXCELLENT RECENT RETAIL CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE********
Galls is looking for a who will provide exceptional customer service to our safety professionals. Our Public safety professional customers.
Galls is the largest and fastest growing supplier of uniforms and equipment to public safety professionals with a national presence in more than 80 retail locations across the U.S. Galls is proud to serve America's public safety professionals by providing the broadest selection of uniforms, equipment and solutions combined with great customer service.
Although we are a retail operation, we don't have typical hours we are
Retail Sales Associate Summary: The Retail Sales Associate processes sales, bags merchandise and services customers by helping them select products for their individual needs in a retail store. Assists customers by measuring and fitting uniforms and providing product information to meet customer's request and per contract specifications; adheres to purchase order specifications and ensures customer receives outstanding customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Greets every customer in a prompt timely manner and alert and responsive to all customer needs.
- Answers customer's inquiries to include questions on price, quality, fabric type, specifications and usability of merchandise
- Up-sells customer's on other products, and recommends add on items to enhance the customer's order
- Sets up advertising displays and folds and arranges merchandise to promote sales.
- Replenishes merchandise and participates in monitoring of floor stock to assure appropriate inventory is available for customers
- Completes necessary housekeeping to present a clean and orderly store at all times
- Fills out all paperwork correctly and efficiently
- Measures and marks garments for custom alterations
- Provides information regarding contract specifications and products associated with contract
- Handles irate customers in a professional courteous manner
- Takes phone orders
- Communicates and works closely within and outside branch operations department to assure customer needs are met with 100% accuracy
- Adhere to company mission, policies, procedures and practices
- Friendly, outgoing, and helpful demeanor
- Previous retail or customer service experience a plus
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as department specifications and must be able to interact effectively with customers
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts, and ability to operate a PC and Galls' order management system
- Must be able to work with minimum amount of supervision under pressure situations.
- Good grammar voice and diction, with a high attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to stand for entire shift
- Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to operate the store
- Ability to handle merchandise throughout the store up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 1 year of retail experience
Galls is an EEO/AA/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans Employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call Human Resources at 859-266-7227 with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Galls location and the title of the job opening.