Food Service Worker/Cook (G.E) (AL, Decatur))AL, Decatur
It's rewarding to be the best part of someone's day! As a Food Service Worker with Five Star Food Service, you ARE the heart of the operation. Food Service Workers perform routine general service tasks in kitchen, cafeteria, dining room, dish room, and coffee shop. You will interact directly with the guests on a day to day basis and must maintain a friendly and efficient attitude towards customers, co-workers, and clients.
What You'll Do as a Food Service Worker:
- Ability to process sales transactions using a Point of Sale System (POS).
- Ensures guest satisfaction and anticipating the customers' at the location.
- Maintain serving areas to ensure area is clean/sanitized and free of debris during service.
- Displays all food products in a full and appetizing manner and maintains the location to be appealing to guests.
- Assists with the proper storage, dating and rotating of stock
- Prepares portions, assembles and labels food items.
- Must be willing to work on serving line and/or work in dish room, scrapping trays, loading and unloading dish machine and sorting silverware, if required.
- Cleans tables, counters and various types of kitchen equipment and sweeps and mops floors.
You'll Be a Great Fit if You're:
- Excited and eager to learn new process and techniques
- Driven and customer services oriented
- Reliable with regular attendance
- Positive & professional
- Comfortable multi-tasking and adapt easily to change
- Someone who likes to have fun at work and work with a team
- Must be able to lift 35lbs+; on a repetitive basis and have the ability to reach, bend, stoop on a frequent basis.
- Must be able to consent to a pre-employment background check.
- Must be able to consent to a drug screen.
- Ability to follow workplace safety policies and guidelines.
- Full-Time Employee Benefits Package Includes: Medical, Vision, Dental, Life & AD&D, Critical Illness, Short & Long Term Disability, 401(k), paid vacations and holidays
- Help us generate 500,000 meals for hungry kids each year via our 501(c)3 charity, Feeding the Future, Inc.
About Five Star Food Service:
Join one of the nation's largest on-site food and beverage service providers proudly offering custom solutions to our clients including micro markets, full-line vending, coffee service, pantry service, sustainable products, water (filtered and bottled) service, catering, and corporate food service.
Keyword Search: food server, food preparation, cooking, food handler, ServSafe, cashier, food production, catering, dining center, restaurant, grilling, cleaning, money handling
Notice: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.