Woodward supports our members' wellbeing and regularly benchmarks with other companies in our industry to offer an extensive Total Reward package for this position. Salary will be determined by the applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.
- All members included in annual cash bonus opportunity
- 9.5% annual retirement benefit opportunity
- Tuition reimbursement and Training/Professional Development opportunities for all members
- 11 paid holidays, including floating holidays
- Industry leading medical, dental, and vision Insurance
- Vacation / Sick Time / Vacation Buy-up / Short Term Disability / Bereavement leave
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program, including mental health benefits
- Member Life & AD&D / Long Term Disability / Member Optional Life
- Member referral bonus
- Spouse / Child Optional Life / Optional AD&D / Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending
- Voluntary benefits, including:
- Home / Auto Insurance discounts
- Whole Life Insurance / Critical Illness Insurance / Legal Assistance / Military Leave
Are you ready to make your mark? If you are interested in becoming a Senior Engineer Mechanical at Woodward, we have an exciting opportunity for you. The Senior Engineer Mechanical reports to the Engineering Leader and is responsible for the independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria in carrying out a sequence of engineering tasks. This position works under a moderate to low level of supervision. Independent technical decisions on work are covered by precedents; this position seeks direction/guidance on novel or controversial problems. In addition, this position may participate in project-specific relationship building with Customers, Suppliers, individuals or organizations.
What's In It for You
At Woodward, our "employees" are called and treated as "members" and we've created a culture that appreciates and values the contributions of every member. It's an inclusive, positive, collaborative, and socially responsible environment where members work together for outstanding outcomes.
What You Will Be Doing
- Plans, schedules and coordinates detailed phases of a project.
- Devises new approaches to problems encountered.
- Participates in and promotes process improvements within assigned areas.
- Performs work which involves conventional engineering practices, but includes a variety of complex features, such as conflicting design requirements, non-standard materials and difficult coordination requirements.
- Provides direct support of sales and development by sharing information in the form of proposals and design reviews.
- Independently troubleshoots/analyzes component/system problems.
- Independently writes and performs component tests.
- Dispositions hardware with minimum supervision.
- Sets technical direction on projects to level 1 and 2 Engineers.