Route Merchandiser/Sales Driver in Training (LA, Lafayette)LA, LaFayette
At Five Star Food Service, our Retail Merchandiser's adequately stock our vending machines and micro-markets with food, snacks, and drinks on established routes to businesses throughout the city and surrounding areas while being on the open road working independently. As a Retail Merchandiser's you can expect to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining an average 10 hour day. Our Retail Merchandisers are provided a company box truck to deliver the wide range of products offered by Five Star Food Service.
Experience why Five Star Food Service is the employer of choice in the Southeast:
Perks of Working at Five Star Food Service:
- Paid Vacation after 6 Months
- Seven Paid Holiday Days
- Competitive Route Pay Program
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- 401(K) Matching Program
- Free food and drinks
What You'll Do as a Retail Merchandiser:
- Responsible for loading, delivering, and merchandising of items such as: soft drinks, non-carbonated drinks, coffee products, cups, condiments, snack items, fresh food, and sundries to customer's place of business contracted by Five Star.
- Replenishes market and vending items, cleans, and sanitizes all vending /micro market equipment and display/checkout areas, inventories market and vending items, and collects all cash/coins within designated retail markets and vending locations
- Rotates stock to ensure first-in and first-out product utilization in reach-in coolers, on shelves, coffee racks, and in vending machines in designated retail markets and vending locations.
- Assists company management with communication to customers of new products or services.
- Responsible for setting up merchandise and sales promotion displays. Issues sales promotion materials to customers.
- Responsible for executing all company plan-o-grams and promotions.
You'll Be a Great Fit if You're:
- Excited and eager to learn new process and techniques
- Driven and customer services oriented
- Reliable with regular attendance
- Positive & professional
- Comfortable multi-tasking and adapt easily to change
- Someone who likes to have fun at work and work with a team
- Must be able to lift 50lbs+; on a repetitive basis and have the ability to reach, bend, stoop on a frequent basis.
- Required to be at least 21 years old (DOT) and have a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to consent to and have the ability to obtain and maintain DOT medical card.
- Ability to drive a company box truck vehicle or other assigned company vehicles.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions (ex. heat, cold, rain, and/or snow).
- Full-Time Employee Benefits Package Includes: Medical, Vision, Dental, Life & AD&D, Critical Illness, Short & Long Term Disability, 401(k), paid vacations and holidays
- Help us generate 500,000 meals for hungry kids each year via our 501(c)3 charity, Feeding the Future, Inc.
About Five Star Food Service:
Join one of the nation's largest on-site food and beverage service providers proudly offering custom solutions to our clients including micro-markets, full-line vending, coffee service, pantry service, sustainable products, water (filtered and bottled) service, catering, and corporate food service.
Notice: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.